Friday, January 25, 2008

Real, Fake, and what matters to a Groom

It's that time guys. Time for a moment of truth with your girlfriend, wife to be, or significant other....the time honored question "Real or Fake?" then "Can you Tell?"

One of my favorite topics really. Mrs. Plaid said fake, and I was really fine with that. As long as it felt right, tasted good, and came in the color she selected. Should I give more details? Or mention that I'm talking about our wedding cake?

We saved a mess of money by going with a fake cake for our event. Sheet cakes were served with matching icing accents, and no one knew the difference...EXCEPT MY WALLET! Our cake cost under $200. If it were real, it would have been about $700. I'm talking multi-tier, custom color matched icing, real/edible top tier, and basically iced styrofoam the rest of the way down. We had more than enough sheet cake for everyone.

Part 2 of this tip:
DON'T SAVE YOUR WEDDING CAKE TO EAT ON YOUR 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY. Cake was not meant to last that long, and it's a miracle that more people don't get sick from it. My suggestion: Eat a slice on your monthly anniversary. For the price you paid for your whole fake cake ensemble, get another topper made for your 1 yr anniversary. Trust me on this one, you don't want to eat much of anything that's been around in the freezer for 1 year.

My take, is to "Go Fake."

Regards,
Mr. Plaid

No comments: