Monday, January 7, 2008

Introduction

Leaving a mark on the world we live in can be important to most people. I figured I've left enough around the world so far, that this time, I'll make it an e-mark, that way I can edit later.

In looking for a purpose to blog, I've considered many: expression, information to the masses, self-therapy, outreach, and again, self-therapy. The reason for or something I believe, is that there are some instances and happenings in life that people, have a limited survival rate for. I have an acquaintance that believes that we are all limited in the number of times we can board an airplane, and more importantly disembark. One is exempt from this "law of the unnatural" only if they've once been a paratrooper or military person that has jumped out of aircraft for a living. I have another friend who believes that his soulmate is not currently his spouse, but an endless revolving circuit of people in bars and night clubs. This is proven by his rate of divorce. There's a third person which believes it takes a special person to do certain types of jobs. These jobs aren't always the jobs that are done by Joe, on Dirty Jobs (that TV show), but jobs that would normally make someone freakout after doing this job a large number of times over about a decade and a half. I believe two of the three of these people really exist, and I belong to the third group mentioned.

Have you heard the Hokey Pokey or the Chicken Dance recently? How about repetitively? How about three out of five weekends, for the past 17 years? Now do you see what I mean that it takes a special type of person to do a job like this?

I've not heard the song that much recently, as I've diversified my work in the past 4 years, but there was a stretch of work just before that, that was very close to that frequency. I've been a DJ for17 going on 18 years, as of 2008.

I look forward to sharing my wedding and event stories here on my blog. I'll share the good, funny, tragic and then some. They'll include firearms at the ceremony, cakes being prematurely attacked, and Nanna being the first casualty of the keg. I do have a list of celebrity events that I CAN share, including some bodyguarding stories (another career that overlapped the DJ business.) I'll also share some wedding tips and observations that will be specific yet universal for brides, grooms, and the rest of the wedding party.

Until the next installment, be well, and try listening to an old CD or album that you haven't listened to in a while. I'm planning on it, and I'll revisit those as well, or at least on occasion. We'll see what they bring back to us.....

Regards,

Mr. Plaid

P.S. Check out my other favorite blogs like : Plaid is Rad

No comments: